ILA/ACRL Spring Conference 2013
Big Questions, Big Opportunities:
Bringing Start-Up Culture to Our Libraries
Friday, May 10, 2013
Simpson College, Indianola, Iowa
In a world where individuals increasingly find, curate, and preserve their own information, what is the role of the academic library and academic librarians? While not a new question for our profession, as higher education begins deep transformations of its own, we find ourselves in a time of big questions and big opportunities. From the explosive growth of Big Data and patron-driven acquisition to just-in-time digital library instruction, from MOOCs to open courses from big-brand universities, now is an excellent time for librarians and others to gather to explore our common questions and opportunities.
The day will start with an opening panel, followed by roundtables with these innovative presenters:
- Dorothea Salo -- University of Wisconsin at Madison & independent consultant in scholarly communication, copyright, digital preservation, and research-data management
- Amanda Styron -- SeedHere & Vault Coworking space, Cedar Rapids
- Chris Draper -- CEO, Meidh & Director, iSc.EDI, Des Moines/Indianola
- Trace Pickering -- Director of Community Building, SourceMedia Group, Cedar Rapids
Registration - PLEASE NOTE
- Registrations will be accepted as late as the day of the conference (onsite registration payment by check only), but lunch will not be guaranteed for those registering after May 6, 2013.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations after April 26, 2013. You will receive an email acknowledgement upon receipt of your registration and a print receipt at the conference.
- Electronic Registration Form
- Printable Registration Form